Sunday, March 27, 2011

Under the Volcano

I went to one of the best gluten free friendly restaurants in London tonight, Under the Volcano. I've eaten at it many times and have always had a wonderful experience.

We arrived and were seated in the very Mexican themed restaurant. As soon as I sat down I noticed that they had a little ad up about their gluten-free chocolate cake! A dessert that's not ice cream or fruit - how amazing!

The greatest thing about Under the Volcano and makes it super easy to eat gluten free at it, is that they list everything right on the regular menu that's gluten free. They also list vegetarian and vegan, which is helpful to anyone looking for that as well. The other thing that's great there is that all their wait staff seem to be well informed and understanding of eating gluten free, as they've been doing it for so long (I've been eating there for over 5 years, so well before the "fad").

While we were figuring out what to order, our fabulous waiter brought us nacho chips and salsa. Important: Their regular chips are NOT gluten free. But as soon as you tell them you are eating gluten free, they'll bring out a bowl of GF ones for you to eat.

I had been craving cheese soup for weeks so I decided to order a cup of cheese soup, then a quesadilla with sour cream, tomato and taco beef. Another bonus is that you can order a second order for $3.50 (or something like that), which I always do and use for lunch the next day! The standard side is rice (good) and beans (I hate beans), but the waiter suggested using my cheese soup as my side, which was great as I never really eat the rice and beans anyways.

While we waited for our food we snacked, and snacked, and snacked on our nacho chips. I accidentally snacked to the point that I wasn't really hungry when my food came! Oops! It wasn't like it took long for the food to come or anything, I just started eating reallly fast because I was so hungry! Anyways, I ate my delicious soup, which was as delicious as I was hoping, then I ate one of my six quesadillas! But it was so yummy!

Next time I'm planning to just get a large soup and chocolate cake, since I was way to full for the cake today! Wonderful as usual and I highly recommend!

Their website: http://iloveunderthevolcano.onpage1hosting.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/UnderTheVolcanoCanada



I have no affiliation with Under the Volcano. I'm just a person with celiac disease who loves to eat and loves to eat a Under the Volcano! I make no promises of anything and I strongly encourage you to be safe when eating gluten free and always tell your wait staff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment