Monday, April 11, 2011

A breakfast place - finally!

Doesn't it seem like everyone has a breakfast place they go to? You know, the spot that when they wake up on Saturday or Sunday, have nothing to do and don't feel like eating cereal that they head to.

I do not have one of these places.

Unless you included McDonald's (sausage and egg McMuffin meal, without the McMuffin).

On Saturday morning, my husband and I woke up and headed out for a run (don't worry, we're not runners - we are not those type of people). Afterwards I was craving bacon and eggs and some really delicious home fries. At the suggestion of my husband, we headed to The Riverdale (on Springbank between Wharncliffe & Wonderland).

When we arrived we grabbed a both and started looking over the menu. I saw some food come out for other people and said "Those home fries do not look gluten free" and I was feeling slightly depressed as I really wanted some damn home fries! The waitress arrived and I explained that I couldn't have any wheat or flour and were the home fries okay. She went off to check (always nicer than having them guess at the answer) and I could listen in as she asked different people.

The first person she asked said "I'm not sure. I know the fries are gluten free but I don't know about the home fries". This made me feel rather happy as I hadn't actually said "gluten free" and made me feel much more 'safe'. Long story short, they were gluten free! And they were delicious!

Had had bacon and eggs and home fries - mmmmm. And I think they may have given me a couple extra strips of bacon since I wasn't getting toast - extra bonus!

I think I found my breakfast place!!



I have NO affilliation with The Riverdale restaurant. I can make no promises about their food being gluten free when you're there, this is just my experience. Please remember to always let your wait staff know that you're GF and check the food yourself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment