Monday, June 20, 2011

Delicious Thai! The Banana Leaf, Woodstock

I find it difficult to try "exotic" foods because I don't know what's in it and it's kind of scary. My husband works in Woodstock and has gone with co-workers to a place called The Banana Leaf a few times and has constantly talked about bring me there.

A couple of weeks ago, we headed out to Woodstock - and it was well worth the drive.

The Banana Leaf has wonderful menu that lists what can be made gluten free. I love this because then I can peruse the menu like a "normal" person without cross referencing separate menus or coming up with three options to ask the waiter "is this GF, is this GF, is this GF?".

I settled on a beef Rad Na... something I had never tried before, but was comfortable trying with the menu listed that way.

One important thing to note: the dishes listed aren't necessarily gluten free, but they can be made that way - make sure you tell your server  that you want it made GF.

My dish was absolutely delicious. I have seriously considered heading back to Woodstock various times just to hit up the Banana Leaf again. If you're going to be driving past Woodstock, you should definitely stop in!

Their website: http://www.bananaleaf.ca/



The regular small print applies - I'm not associated with the Banana Leaf at any way. This is my account of eating there. Please make sure to use your judgement and talk to your server about eating gluten-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment